HP iLO Advanced
HP iLO is an acronym for Integrated Lights-Out. This technology includes a physical hardware processor in the form of Arm Based or ASIC processor. This processor is used to connect and manage servers remotely and a powerful management software that is located on the HP server. This software provides features such as configuring, monitoring and updating HP servers easily from any place and time. This technology can be used on a series of HP ProLiant servers and blade servers and is used to enable control and monitoring the performance of HP servers.
Network administrators and server administrators can use the iLO admin card, which is embedded in the server and has its own IP address, through the Domain Name System (DNS) or the Hosting Configuration Protocol (DHCP), or through a dedicated management network. In general, it can be said that iLO technology and licenses are provided to network administrators as a web-based interface. The iLO port is an Ethernet port that can be activated through the ROM Based Setup Utility (RBSU). Note that to activate various functions on the HP products, specific HP License types would be required.
iLO Technology Features
iLO technology is used in ProLiant servers. To access the software, a username and password are defined by default for iLO.
Features that are available to users remotely using the iLO management tool are:
- Browser-based configuration
- Remote scripted configuration
- Ability to control energy consumption
- Ability to turn on or off or restart the server
- Access system logs and manage a list of HP logs
- Configure, configure, set up and update various services remotely
- Ability to monitor server performance regardless of operating system status
- Install operating systems, patches and firmware in case of problems through Virtual Media and Virtual Folders
In HP’s 100 series iLO servers, the ability to manage and control facilities was very limited. HP iLO technology has been replaced with an advanced version of iLO5.
iLO (iLO License) is the core foundation of HP Server Intelligence and is a combination of iLO ASIC and Firmware that provides ASIC power. iLO is a dedicated network connection and IP address that allows the admin processor to register its device name using DNS and Windows or WINS Internet naming service. This technology also supports static IP configuration. The HP iLO for the ProLiant series of servers supports two ways to connect to a network and access all functions via a dedicated connection or a shared network port.
Features of v2.55 software version in iLO5
- The security dashboard can provide you with a view of the status of the most important security features, the general state of the system, the current configuration and the options available to lock the server’s configuration.
- Securely delete data with one button using smart data, this is designed to reject or make changes to the server.
- Key management features will be available with support for Gemalto SafeNet and SafeNet AT.
- NIC Virtual Function Enables secure access to valid iLO through the operating system component.
- LDAP / Directory settings are customizable via Redfish.
- Firmware Restore Policies for Older Versions – Specifies how to manage requests to restore the operating system to the previous version through iLO.
- Ability to view the lifespan of SSDs and NVMe drives.
- Ability to edit Windows Maintenance in the firmware and OS.
- Feature to check the rules of complexity in the password.
- Enable and disable video presentation of server health performance summary.
- Ability to activate the server configuration lock through the BIOS.
- Workload Performance Advisor provides recommendations for adjusting server performance to improve it.
It should be noted that the features that existed in iLO Advanced Premium Security are now licensed in iLO Advanced.
iLO Web-based Management Console
One of the main concerns of network administrators has always been to connect remotely to servers and perform monitoring operations on them, such as booting or turning on servers and making changes. To create such accesses, you need to use Web-based iLO on the console remotely. The user interface of this compatible part is embedded for configuration, regardless of the operating system. In addition to the new features in iLO5 (iLO license), another feature of iLO5 compared to iLO4 is the web-based management console. In this new version, a powerful graphical user interface is provided to the user in a web browser.
Types of iLO5 licenses
There are three levels of licensing in iLO5:
- iLO Standard
- iLO Advanced
- iLO Advanced Premium Security Edition
iLO standard is iLO`s default, and iLO advanced and iLO advanced premium security edition provide more services and facilities to the user, which should be used by preparing and ordering the iLO licenses.
iLO Standard License Features
- Secure Start
- Single Sign-On
- Measured Boot
- Common Criteria
- UEFI Secure Boot
- Authenticated Updates
- Secure made BIOS (TAA)
- Manual Secure Recovery
- Remote Firmware Update
- FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Validation
- FW Supply Chain Attack Detection
- NIST 800-147b BIOS / UEFI Protection
iLO Advanced License Features
- ilo amplifier
- virtual media
- ilo federation
- Remote console
- Directory services
- Remote system logs
- Arcsight unique connector
- Kerberos2_factor Authentication
- Kerberos 2-Factor Authentication
- CAC 2-factor Authentication
iLO Advanced Premium Security Edition License Features
- Virtual Media
- Remote Console
- Directory Services
- Silicon root of trust
- Remote System Logs
- Runtime FW Validation
- Run time FW validation
- ArcSight Unique Connector
- Automatic secure recovery
- CAC 2-Factor Authentication
- Secure erase NAND / NOR Data
- Kerberos 2-Factor Authentication
- Secure Erase of NAND / NOR Data
- Commercial National Security Algorithms
HPE iLO Adv 1-svr Lic 3yr Support.