HP SAN Director
Nowadays, we are witnessing exponential growth in increasing server virtualization, mission-critical workloads, and accelerated all-flash storage technologies that pose an ever-increasing demand for 100% availability and reliability, resulting in increased infrastructure complexity and higher management costs.
To meet these dynamic and evolving business needs, organizations must implement an infrastructure that can provide greater consistency, predictability, and performance. With data growing exponentially, the network must evolve for organizations to thrive in this new era. To meet these dynamic and growing business needs, organizations must implement an infrastructure that can provide greater consistency, predictability, and performance. Today’s latest and most exciting memory advancement is flash-based memory.
The unprecedented speed and increasing cost-efficiency of flash-based products is dramatically accelerating data center transformation. Tomorrow, next-generation flash memory based on Non Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) over Fabrics will deliver even greater value through significant performance improvements. As organizations redefine application performance with flash storage, they require networks with ultra-low latency, higher capacity bandwidth, and higher reliability.
HP SAN Director Switch Family B-Series
The licensed HP StoreFabric SAN Directors are the industry-leading Fiber Channel switching infrastructure solutions that combine breakthrough performance, scalability, simplified manageability, and power efficiency with data protection.
HP SN8600B 32 GB SAN Director Series
HP offers the most complete, comprehensive, and licensed SAN Director Gen 6 (32 GB) products. The SN8600B Gen 6 (32 GB) SAN Directors combine innovative hardware and software and embedded network sensors to ensure the highest level of operational resiliency, manageability and redefine application performance in the industry. Breakthrough 32 Gbps throughput accelerates application response time, eliminates I/O bottlenecks, and unleashes the full power of next-generation NVMe-based and flash storage.
Consistently delivering 99.99999999 percent availability in the world’s most demanding data centers. With non-disruptive, hot-pluggable components and a no-single-point-of-failure design, the SN8600B is truly the enterprise-class director for today’s storage infrastructure.
The HP SN8600B SAN Director is available in two modular form factors to increase business agility with seamless storage connectivity and flexible deployment offerings.
- Designed for large enterprise networks, the SN8600B 8-Slot Director is a 14U chassis with eight vertical blade slots for up to 384 32Gbps Fiber Channel device ports and an additional 32 ICL (Interchassis link) at 128 Gbps This provides up to 16.2 Tbps of chassis bandwidth to address next-generation bandwidth and I/O-intensive applications.
- Designed for medium-sized networks, the SN8600B 4-Slot Director features four horizontal blade slots to provide up to 192 32Gbps Fiber Channel device ports and an additional 16 128Gbps ICL ports .This provides up to 8 Tbps of aggregate chassis bandwidth and is the ideal foundation for heavily virtualized environments.
Each blade slot can be populated with two optional
- For device connectivity, the HP StoreFabric 48-Port Fiber Channel Port Blade provides 48 32 Gbps Fiber Channel ports. It is available in 2 options: bundled with 48 x 32GB SFP+ and standard configuration.
- To support long-distance disaster recovery and data protection storage solutions, the HP StoreFabric SAN Extension Blade provides 16 ports of 32 Gbps Fiber Channel connectivity, 16 ports of 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) Connectivity and 2 ports of 40GbE connectivity for Fiber Channel and IP replication traffic. It comes in 2 options: bundled with (16) 32GB SFP+ and standard configuration.
HP SN8000B 16 GB SAN Director Series
The SN8000B directors are designed to unlock the full potential of private cloud storage and virtualization. With increased scalability and port density, performance, reliability and 16Gbps capability, the SN8000B Directors are the strategic platform for transforming today’s SAN fabrics into cloud-optimized SANs.
The licensed HP SN8000B SAN Directors are based on the same core technology and are available in two form factors. The SN8000B 8-Slot Director is a 14U chassis and supports 8 GB and 16 GB Fiber Channel blades for large enterprises to provide greater scalability and port density, performance and functionality.
The SN8000B 4-Slot Director is a 9U chassis and also supports 8Gb and 16Gb Fiber Channel blades for medium-sized businesses as the core of their SANs. The SN8000B SAN Directors provide up to 512 16Gb FC ports using the 64-port 16Gb Fiber Channel blade. These directors also offer up to 32 QSFP-based Inter-Chassis Links (ICLs), which equates to 128 16Gb FC ports Fiber Channel blade options including 32-, 48-, and 64-port 16- Gb Blades. They offer up to 10.2 Tbit/s total aggregate bandwidth and 1024 Gbit/s slot bandwidth and are the ideal foundation for private cloud storage and highly virtualized environments.
HP SN8600B 32GB SAN Director
Purpose-built for enterprise deployments to meet continued growth and the demands of mission-critical applications. Featuring Gen 6 (32 GB) Fiber Channel, the SN8600B offers unmatched 32 GB performance and is the right platform for large enterprise environments that require higher capacity, higher performance and a higher level of resiliency.
- Improves operational stability, maximizes application performance, and increases business agility with enterprise-class Gen 6 directors
- Consolidates infrastructure with 128 Gbps ICL connectivity for simpler, flatter
- Lower-latency by automating monitoring and Diagnostics
- Automatically detects degraded applications or device performance through embedded network sensors
- Extends remote replication with a highly scalable extension solution for Fiber Channel, IP, and FICON
- Simplifies configuration automation and enables Integrated Advanced Services across Fabric with REST API standard
- Integrates next-generation NVMe over Fabrics Generation seamlessly with Gen 6 Fiber Channel networks without the need to disruptively interrupt and swap
- Mitigates risk with backward-compatibility while further protecting future investments with Gen 7-ready support
HP SN8000B 16GB SAN Director
Provide a reliable, scalable, high-performance Fiber Channel switching foundation for private cloud storage and highly virtualized environments. They are designed to increase business agility while providing continuous access to information and reducing infrastructure and management costs. The SN8000B Director family:
- This licensed solution unlocks the full potential of private cloud storage with unmatched scalability, performance, and reliability
- Enables simpler, lower-latency, thinner chassis connectivity to reduce complexity, management, and deployment costs
- Network Optimizes connectivity of remote data centers with built-in high-performance Metro and global connectivity
- Simplifies and centralizes end-to-end Storage Area Network (SAN) management with comprehensive diagnostics, monitoring, and automation performance of competitive offerings
- Maximizes overall performance for I/O- and bandwidth-extensive programs with extra than seven instances the overall performance of aggressive offerings